Name of course
One year Pre-Sea Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc Nautical Science affiliated to Indian Maritime University.
After completing one year diploma + 18 months onboard training + 4 months preparatory course + requisite modular courses, can appear for written and oral exam of Second Mate Certificate of Competency.
Minimum Academic Qualification
a ) Pass in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60%
(b) B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 55% of marks in the final year.
(c) B.E./B. Tech. Degree from IJ.T. or from a college recognized by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year.
The candidates should have obtained 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th Std or in the Degree course conducted by recognized Board or any University.
Selection of the candidates and their admissions will be through Combined Entrance Test conducted by Indian Maritime University The details and the forms can be seen on the
Web site: http://www.imu.edu.in
Two batches are conducted in a year commencing on August and February every year.
Maximum Age limit
Approved Training institutes in India
- Trident College of Marine Technology, Kolkata.
- Haldia Institute of Maritime Studies & Research,West Bengal
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Govt. Polytechnic, Port Blair
- Applied Research International, New Delhi.
- International Maritime Institute Ltd., GreaterNoida
- Shriram institute of Maritime Studies, New Delhi
- Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Kaloor, Kochi
- Sailors Maritime Academy, Vizianagaram,
- International Maritime Academy, Chennai
- Maritime Foundation, Chennai
- IMU Chennai Campus [National Maritime Academy]
- IMU Cochin Centre
- IMU Kandla Campus
- IMU Kolkata Campus
- IMU Karaikal Campus
- IMU Mumbai Campus [T.S. Chanakya]
- Southern Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
- Tolani Maritime Academy, Pune
- B. P. Marine Academy, Navi Mumbai
- Maritime Training Institute, Powai, Mumbai
- T S Rahaman, Nhava, Navi Mumbai, PanvelTaluka
- MMTI’S Education & Research Trust, Khopoli,Maharashtra.
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies,Lonavala, Maharashtra.
- Great Eastern Shipping co. Training Instiutte,Lonavala
- Yak Education Trust, Khopoli, Maharashtra
- Anglo Eastern Maritime Institute, Karjat
- Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Pune
- HIMT College, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu
- Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Maritime Science and Engineering, Chidambaram
- RVS College of Maritime Science and Engineering, Karaikal, Pondicherry.
- Sai Ram Shipping Science Institute, Chennai
- C.V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneshwar
Dear, often now a days prospect seafarers are being cheated by the fake Agents,Institutes & Companies.
Before joining any Maritime Institutes for any Course, Kindly Check Approval Of College & Course through
D.G.Shipping and I.M.U.
Before Applying In Shipping Companies for Company Sponsorship please Check DG Shipping approved R.P.S.L Number
All the best wishes from MarinersPlanet for wonderful seafarer carrier in Merchant Navy.
Remember we are not Agents for illegal placements & Guidance.
Join now and connect with MarinersPlanet
Mariners Planet(Venture of Capt.Avtar Singh)
SCF-16, First Floor, Hollywood Plaza, VIP Road, Zirakpur,
Distt- Mohali, Punjab, India, Pin-140603
E-mail : email@example.com