Name of course
4-Year Degree course in Marine Engineering
Minimum Academic Qualification
(a) Pass in (10+2) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with a PCM average of not less than 60%
(b) Candidate can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course provided he has passed 1st year training from the Alternate Training Scheme, approved by D.G. Shipping (This will not be applicable to MERI.)
(c ) Candidates can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed 1st year from the Engineering College in other streams like Mechanical or Electrical approved by AICTE with minimum 60% average marks.
(d ) Candidates can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed 3 years Diploma Course in Mechanical / Marine / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% of aggregate marks in the last year of Diploma Course.
(e) Candidates can join 2nd year of 4-Year Marine Engineering Degree Course who have passed 3 years Diploma Course, in addition to the three years regular Diploma Course in Mechanical/ Electrical /Electrical & Electronics Engineering, in following categories, from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% of aggregate marks in the ast year of Diploma Course
Electrical Enaineerina Stream : Electrical Power Svstem : Electrical and Electronics Enaineerina Stream : Diaital Electronics / Electronics and Communications/ Electronics
& Telecommunication / Industrial electronics / Electronics / Electronics Production & Maintenance / Instrumentation instrumentation & Control
Mechanical Engineering Stream : Automobile /Machine Tools and Maintenance /Plant Engineering / Production Technology /Production Engineering /Advanced Diploma in Tool and Die Making
[Note: The candidates in this category are not eligible for exemption in the examination of Applied Mechanics and Heat Engine subject of Part ‘A’ MEO Class IV and Class II of Certificate of Competency Examinations.]
(f) A candidate can join 2nd year of 4 Year’s Marine Engineering Degree course who have passed 4 years Diploma in Shipbuilding Engineering from the colleges approved by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education with minimum 55% aggregate marks in the last year of diploma course AND
The candidates should have obtained with minimum of 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th Std or in the Degree / Diploma course conducted by recognized Board or University.
NOTE : Part Time or Distance Learning or Correspondence Course or any combination of these will not be considered.
Maximum Age limit
Approved Training institutes in India
- CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- Neotia Institute of Technology Management & Science, West Bengal
- Indian Maritime University, Kolkata Campus [Marine Engineering & Research Institute ]
- International Maritime Institute Ltd., Greater Noida
- AMET University, Chennai
- Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore
- Mohamed Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai, TamilNadu
- PSN College of Engineering & Technology, Tirunelveli
- R.L..Institute of Nautical Science, Madurai
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Sriperumbadur
- Vel’s University, Chennai
- M/s. GKM College of Engineering & Technology Chennai
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, Pune
- Tolani Maritime Institute,Pune
- The Praveenya Institute of Marine Engineering & Maritime Studies, Visakhapatnam,
- SAMS College of Engineering and Technology, Thiruvallur
- International Maritime Academy,Chennai
- Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Cochin
- Sri Nandanam College of Engineering, Chennai
- Narool Islam University
- Cochin University of Science & Technolgy, Cochin
- Park Maritime Academy, Coimbatore
- Secom Engineering College, Kolkatta.
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Lonavla.
- Mangalore Marine College, Mangalore
- HIMT College, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu
- Indian Maritime University [Chennai Campus]
- U.V. Patel college of Engineering, Mahsana, Gujarat.
- Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Pune.
Dear, often now a days prospect seafarers are being cheated by the fake Agents,Institutes & Companies.
Before joining any Maritime Institutes for any Course, Kindly Check Approval Of College & Course through
D.G.Shipping and I.M.U.
Before Applying In Shipping Companies for Company Sponsorship please Check DG Shipping approved R.P.S.L Number
All the best wishes from MarinersPlanet for wonderful seafarer carrier in Merchant Navy.
Remember we are not Agents for illegal placements & Guidance.
Join now and connect with MarinersPlanet
Mariners Planet(Venture of Capt.Avtar Singh)
SCF-16, First Floor, Hollywood Plaza, VIP Road, Zirakpur,
Distt- Mohali, Punjab, India, Pin-140603
E-mail : email@example.com
Join now and connect with Raja Money and Travels
Raja Money and Travels – Search Compare & Book Online